GOT A BOOK CLUB?
Do you run, or are you a member of a book club? Would you like me to join you (no charge)? Too far to drive? Let’s make it virtual. I’d love to participate and chat about all things bookish.
In the meantime, you’ll find reader questions for my novel(s) below.
These Discussion Questions contain spoilers. You may wish to review the questions after you’ve finished reading the book(s).
Questions for Discussion: The Christmas Wager
- Why do you think Bella and Jesse are drawn to each other even though they fight hard to deny their attraction? What qualities do you think each admires about the other? What do you think is special about their relationship?
- Even though Jesse and Bella are the main characters in The Christmas Wager, there are many entertaining minor characters that aid in their love story. Which secondary character was your favorite, and why?
- What was your favorite scene in The Christmas Wager, and why?
- Discuss the impact of family and tradition in The Christmas Wager. How do these themes play a part in both Bella’s and Jesse’s lives? How do they help dictate who they are, and who they become by the end of the novel? Do you have any traditions you like to observe with family or friends during the holidays, and if so, what are they?
- What was your favorite Maple Falls Holiday Game, and why? Are you team Jolly Saint Nicks, or team Peppermint Twists? If you could participate in the Maple Falls Holiday Games and make a team name for you and your friends, what would it be, and why?
- Do you think Jesse was justified in his feelings after what happened during the Ultimate Maple Run? If you were in his shoes, how would you have reacted? Conversely, if you were in Bella’s shoes, how would you have felt and responded?
- How does friendship play a role in Bella and Jesse’s journeys? Without the support of their friends, do you think their love story would have ended the way it did?
- What is your favorite song to sing or listen to, to get you in the holiday spirit? Do you think you would be more like Bella or Jesse during the Human Singing Christmas Tree challenge?
- What do you think is magical about Maple Falls? If you could pick one location in the town to visit or see in real life, what would it be and why? Do you think you would
ever live there? Why or why not?
- Were you surprised and satisfied by the ending?
WORK FOR A LIBRARY?
Are you looking to add some fun and exciting virtual or in-person author events to your library’s calendar? Would you like me to present a workshop on dialogue, plotting, or writing in general? Perhaps you’d enjoy hosting me and some of my many author friends for a panel discussion on a particular subject, or an informal author chat about our careers and books? Let’s explore virtual and/or in person options.